Orient-Express Hotels Ltd.
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Hamilton, Bermuda
(a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD Orient Express Hotels, Ltd (OEH), a New York Stock Exchange listed company is a leading luxury hotel company and sophisticated adventure travel operator with exposure to both mature and emerging national economies. The Companyʹs predecessor... Read more
(a) Describe the mission/purpose of your proposed gTLD
Orient Express Hotels, Ltd (OEH), a New York Stock Exchange listed company is a leading luxury hotel company and sophisticated adventure travel operator with exposure to both mature and emerging national economies. The Companyʹs predecessor began acquiring hotels in 1976 and organized the Company in 1995. OEH currently owns or part-owns 49 properties (all of which it manages), consisting of 40 highly individual deluxe hotels, one stand-alone restaurant, six tourist trains and two river/canal cruise businesses. These are located in 24 countries worldwide. OEH acquires or manages only very distinctive properties in areas of outstanding cultural, historic or recreational interest in order to provide luxury lifestyle experiences for the discerning traveler. OEH owns and operates the Venice-Simplon Orient Express, the Eastern & Oriental Express and various other trains in Europe and South America. It also sells various merchandise under the Collection Venice Simplon Orient Express name and has published and distributed the "Orient Express" magazine on a world-wide basis.
Hotels and restaurants represent the largest segment of OEHʹs business, contributing 86% of revenue in 2011, 78% of revenue in 2010 and 86% in 2009. Tourist trains and cruises accounted for 13% of revenue in 2011, 11% of revenue in 2010 and 13% in 2009. Property development activities accounted for the remaining revenue in each year. Approximately 82% of OEHʹs customers are leisure travelers, with approximately 33% of customers in 2011 originating from North America, 49% from Europe and the remaining 18% from elsewhere in the world.
The proposed .orientexpress gTLD is a restricted, exclusively controlled TLD that would serve the purpose of enhancing and expanding OEH's ability to:
• create a connected digital presence and personalized brand experience for clients and business partners;
• deliver product and service marketing/advertising;
• enable marketing campaign activation;
• facilitate secure interaction and communication with individuals and entities with whom OEH has a business relationship;
• improve business operations;
• simplify Internet user navigation to information about OEH products and services;
• demonstrate market leadership in protecting customer privacy and confidential information online;
• validate / authenticate authorized resellers of OEH products;
• meet future client expectations and competitive market demands.×