Model. The proposed gTLD is a closed registry restricted to utilization by Vienna Insurance Group as an internal communication tool, authenticated marketing presence and client service delivery system Mission: The mission of the proposed gTLD is to optimize customer service and security through:... Read more
Model. The proposed gTLD is a closed registry restricted to utilization by Vienna Insurance Group as an internal communication tool, authenticated marketing presence and client service delivery system
Mission: The mission of the proposed gTLD is to optimize customer service and security through:
* A consistently structured and authenticated system of Internet and Intranet communication, ensuring that the diversity of languages and locations of VIGʹs fifty subsidiaries are coherently integrated into an orderly network
* An authenticated brand TLD that enhances consumer confidence in communication from and to .VIG. VIG will have complete control over all addresses and communication circulated under the .VIG label.
* Demonstration of deep commitment to localization and internationalization, ensuring that local customers and local providers are closely integrated and maintain personalized relationships.
* Closer and more focused customer service enabled by a tightly managed TLD that facilitates management of customer communication, customer relationships and product development.
* Enhanced functionality and security that can respond to evolving customer and market needs.
Mission in Context:
ICANN has set out a number of goals regarding the introduction of new generic top-level domains (gTLDs). Amonstg the most important of these are the following:
1. The need to maintain the Internetʹs stability and especially the protection of domain name holders from the effects of registry or registration-system failure.
2. The extent to which approval of the application would lead to an effective proof of concept concerning the expansion of the number of top-level domains including:
* the diversity the proposed TLD would bring to the top-level of the Internet to include fully open top-level domains, restricted and chartered domains with limited scope, commercial domains, and personal domains
* support of a variety of business models and geographic locations.
3. The enhancement of competition for registration services at the registry and registrar level.
4. The enhancement of the utility of the DNS.
5. The extent to which the proposal would meet previously unmet needs.
6. The importance of appropriate protections of the rights of others, including intellectual property rights in connection with the operation of the TLD, especially during the start-up phases.
The purpose of this TLD is to:
* advance the goals of ICANN as set out above
* fulfill the TLDʹs mission as stated above.×